Thursday, March 3, 2011

Now I get it...

Okay, even though I am not a very religious person,
I do know there is a plan for all of us out there.

It is not always clear, and may never be for some of us,but I got hit over the head with the "plan" for me the other day! I have been trying to figure out why I kinda fell into taking care of my Great Uncle, when I had not been that close to him. Yes, he was the fun Uncle who told you the off color jokes at the family gatherings at Christmas. And he never forgets to call on our wedding anniversary, but other than that I did not really talk to him all that much. He is after all my Great Uncle, my Grandfather's brother, and has other family who is closer to him. Now I have helped him put on undies, so we are much closer!! LOL! The reason I am in the position to help him is many fold. My mom is still not 100% even though she is doing so much better than she was last year at this time!! Thank you for all your thoughts over this past year. Her back is 99% better, but we still have the occasional cancer scare! So mom cannot help her Uncle, she has to take care of herself and not have the stress! Mom's cousin, who is really my Uncle's closest relative, and the one he relies on the most over the years, went through breast cancer 11 years ago herself, and has been fine up til now. She has not had the chance to come down and help, which was beginning to bug us, and now we know why. Her latest mammogram was not good...very not good. So she is the focus of her world right now, which is as it should be. And I can focus on my Great Uncle. It is all becoming clear now....

3 comments:

ImagiMeri said...

Hi Jenny,

My thoughts are with you. Even though we've all never met, I really enjoy the support, as I hope you do.

God Bless, and stay rested.

Meri

Grace said...

OK all Pink good warm wishes coming your way!! Hugs Grace

Audrey Pettit said...

He's so lucky to have you, Jenny!